Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Anne

"Hi" from Anne to all of my new friends! We will have a fun time when you visit Crafty Capers, a new store that gives you a "rainbow" experience the minute you step inside! I am writing this as I sit looking around at the wonderful yarns, books, bags, puppets, and fiber projects and I am wearing my new sweatshirt with the Crafty Capers logo on the front! I have never, ever been in such a colorful shop and I am so happy to get to work here (although I must admit it feels like fun, not work!). May I introduce myself? I was an art teacher for a very long time, and I loved every minute of those teaching years. I taught wonderful kids from kindergarten through 8th grade in both Northwestern and Pike schools. What kinds of art did I teach? Well, if it had to do with painting, drawing, printing, weaving, sculpting, ceramics, art appreciation, art history, collage, stitching, airbrushing, muraling or printmaking, I probably taught it somewhere along the line! I love drama, also, and directed many plays and musicals for the schools, and, in my younger days was active in Kokomo Civic Theatre where I was in 5 musicals. My favorite roles were as Lily St. Regis in "Annie" and as Ethel Toffelmeier in "The Music Man". I have lived in Westfield for 7 years, along with my husband, Craig, my 2 children, my three dogs and my cat. What a lot of pets! I have always loved animals and I hope you will tell me about your pets when I meet you. Other interests of mine are knitting, sewing, reading, cleaning my house (just kidding!) ,talking and laughing!! I love my family and I come from a really big one! I love spending summers in the Adirondack Mountains of Upstate New York where we have a family lake that was purchased by my great grandfather in 1929! I spent lots of wonderful summers there as a child and I miss being there. Well, that's alot about me, and I hope to get to meet you soon! Come in for some project ideas, a class, a party or just to say "howdy!" See you soon!

No comments: